Transition to University Autonomy in Kazakhstan (TRUNAK)
Karaganda state medical university
Participants of the project:
1. Ministry of education and science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2. Ministry of health of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3.European Association of Universities (EUA);
4. M.Kozybayev North Kazakhstan state university;
5. Kh.Dosmukhamedov Atyrau state university;
6. Karaganda economic university of Kazpotrebsoyuz;
7. Karaganda state medical university;
8. Astana medical university;
9. M.Ospanov West Kazakhstan state medical university;
10. Lund University, Sweden;
11. University of Ljubljana, Slovenia;
12. The Aga Khan university, United Kingdom;
13. Technical university of Lublin, Poland;
14. Savonia university of applied sciences, Finland;
15. Universita Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore, Italy
16. Kazakhstan organization of medical youth;
17. Association Htacamp (Italy).
Implementation period: 2017-2020
Goal of the project:
Creating a model for the transition of Kazakhstani universities from the traditional form of management to autonomous management.
Interim goals of the project:
1. Development of a basic model (including alternative models for specific areas of higher education, such as medicine) of university autonomy.
2. Implementation at partner universities.
3. Development of information strategies for communication with universities and participants of the proposed reforms, drawing up a draft schedule for the implementation of the reform.
4. Creation of a Consultation Group on the implementation of self-government, which will be located in one of the educational institutions and provide assistance to other Kazakhstani universities.